etsy

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Illegal

So today I was doing some browsing and I happened upon an MP3 blog and I saw that it offered the new album from Amorphis. I've never really been a fan of this band but I keep reading great things about their albums, and I haven't heard anything current since "My Kantele." So I decided, "Meh, I'll give Amorphis another shot and give this a listen." When I went to download it, I got a message that it had been removed due to a reported violation. I've been seeing this more and more lately as I 'm aware labels are cracking down on blogs of this nature, and some sites follow through with removal requests. Without getting into a whole debate about the whole mp3 argument, I just felt a tad miffed. I wanted to hear Amorphis, and their label Nuclear Blast, was making it so that I couldn't listen to Amorphis. Isn't that a little backwards?

1 comment:

J.M. said...

I'm a big fan of everything from Amorphis. Not all of their most recent work is great, but their album 'Skyforger' is a little piece of magic to me. Give it a go if you haven't heard it. Its at least been one of my favorites since its release a few years ago.